ARRL Field Day 2016
About Amateur Radio
Ham Radio, also known as Amateur Radio is a popular hobby and a service in which licensed participants operate communications equipment with a deep appreciation of the radio art. The unique hobby of Amateur Radio is a mix of fun, public service, and convenience. Although hams get involved for many reasons, they all have in common a basic knowledge of radio technology and operating principles, and pass an examination for the FCC license to operate on radio frequencies known as the "Amateur Bands." These bands are radio frequencies reserved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for use by hams at intervals from just above the AM broadcast band all the way up into extremely high microwave frequencies.
CURRENT SCORE INFORMATION
About ARRL Field Day
ARRL Field Day is the single most popular on-the-air Amateur (Ham) Radio event held annually in the US and Canada. On the fourth weekend of June of each year, more than 35,000 radio amateurs gather with their clubs, groups or simply with friends to operate from remote locations.
Frank Demeter's Farm / Montana Mountain
Intersection of Demeter Rd. and Buckhorn Dr. in White Township, New Jersey
Coordinates: 40.775926 N, 75.057851 W
Talk-In 146.820 -600kz 110.9hz
Phone / SMS (424) 272-1622 |}
Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 1800 UTC Saturday and running through 2059 UTC Sunday. Field Day 2016 is June 25-26.
- Setup: Friday, June 23rd (any 24 hours leading up to 1400 EDT Saturday)
- Contest Period: 1400 EDT Saturday, Jun 24th till 1400 EDT Sunday, June 25th.
- Tear-down: 1401 EDT Sunday, June 25th till it's done
Current plan is to operate 3 ALPHA. Three transmitters total.
- Station One: 20/15/10 Meter Phone
- (Captain: KC2VWI)
- Station Two: Digital (Hopefully not on 20M)
- (Captain: K2FN)
- Station Three: Alternate 80/40 Meter Phone / Satellite
- (Captain: KA2PBT)
- Tower #3 (BLUE) 28' with Horizontal cross members
- Yaesu Rotor
- 6 Meter Beam
- halyards for 40/80 inverted V
(1) Possible separate operating position for 6 Meter (VHF)
Equipment still needed
- VE SESSION