ARRL Field Day 2015
|Field Day 2015|
|Click photo to open album|
About Amateur Radio
Ham Radio, also known as Amateur Radio is a popular hobby and a service in which licensed participants operate communications equipment with a deep appreciation of the radio art. The unique hobby of Amateur Radio is a mix of fun, public service, and convenience. Although hams get involved for many reasons, they all have in common a basic knowledge of radio technology and operating principles, and pass an examination for the FCC license to operate on radio frequencies known as the "Amateur Bands." These bands are radio frequencies reserved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for use by hams at intervals from just above the AM broadcast band all the way up into extremely high microwave frequencies.
About ARRL Field Day
ARRL Field Day is the single most popular on-the-air Amateur (Ham) Radio event held annually in the US and Canada. On the fourth weekend of June of each year, more than 35,000 radio amateurs gather with their clubs, groups or simply with friends to operate from remote locations.
(click to zoom)
Warren County Technical School Athletic Fields
1500 Route 57 / Washington, New Jersey 07882
Coordinates: 40.743932N, 75.025034W
Follow signs for Warren County Community College, before College turn right and then right again onto the field.
Talk-In 146.820 -600kz 110.9hz
Phone / SMS (424) 272-1622
Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 1800 UTC Saturday and running through 2059 UTC Sunday. Field Day 2015 is June 27-28.
- Setup: Friday, June 26th (any 24 hours leading up to 1400 EDT Saturday)
- Contest Period: 1400 EDT Saturday, Jun 27th till 1400 EDT Sunday, June 28th.
- Tear-down: 1401 EDT Sunday, June 28th till it's done
Current plan is to operate 3 ALPHA. Three transmitters total.
- Station One: Phone
- (Captain: KC2VWI, Lieutenant: KD2CQL)
- Kenwood TS-2000 (NJIT)
- Auto Caller
- Tower Truck with Mosely Tribander
- Computer One (Logging)(WIN XP)
- Station Two: Digital
- (Captain: K2FN, Lieutenant: KD2DPN)
- ICOM-706 (K2FN)
- 20 Meter Beam / Multiband Vertical
- Tower Computer (FLdigi)(Logging)(Linux)
- Station Three: Alternate Phone / Satellite
- (Captain: KA2PBT, Lieutenant: KD2DWC)
- Kenwood TS-2000 (KA2PBT)
- Satellite Antennas
- 6M Beam (1)
- 80/40 Dipole (inverted-V)
- Computer Laptop One (WIN XP)
(1) Possible separate operating position for 6 Meter (VHF)
Equiptment still needed
- Coffee, Cream, Sugar
- VE SESSION
[ ARRL 2014 Field PSA ]